Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SATURDAY MORNING 12-5-09 My Gripes for today.

Still feeling the affects of my cold. One day my nose has a mind of it's own and was turned on like a faucet. Then a couple days later it's like the Saharah Desert where everything is dried up and feels like someone squeezing my head and my mouth is so dry.
Now today everything has loosened up again. I wish it would make up it's mind as to what it wants to do so I could be done with it.
I've been trying to stay motivated but am behind with things.

I've got tons of coupons to cut, sort out and put into my coupon binder.

I need to round up receipts and get my rebates sent out before they expire and I miss out on those.

Then there is a tow receipt I have to send to the insurance company so I can get reimbursed for that.

Library books are due today and need to go back before I accrue fines.

Laundry and dishes are piling up.
Housework has been slow
since I have been slow moving.

Tony is on call this weekend and has already been paged out this morning.

Christmas shopping still needs done, ahhh!

Damien needs a ride to work at 9:30 pm.

I've got a couple bills that need to go out before those are past due.

I received a notice from WOW! that they are increasing their bill once again. This makes twice in a year and a half that we've had them. This is ridiculous!
For being a new customer with them I'm not liking them very well!
I saw on tv one time where you could call and complain to them and see if you could get your bill decreased.
I'm gonna try that when my head is clear and will let everyone know how it turns out.
At this point I am thinking about downsizing cable or finding someone else!

-Cable guide went up .70 cents so there's an extra $8.40 a year.
I need to get rid of this and use ones online or from the newspaper for free!!
-DVR used to be about $3 then it went to $8 and now they want $10.
So there's and extra $120 a year!!!!!
I like my DVR but damn in 10 years time that's $1200 to rent that sucker out!!
And lastly the modem rental was free and now they want to charge me $5.00 a month for it.
So there's an extra $60 a year.

Total those all up for a year off their increases and it's $188.40!!
And who knows if they will raise prices again in the near future.
They should give you some sort of discount for being their customer and staying with them, not trying to drive you away with their prices!

I need to go to basic cable, no dvr, no cable guide.

CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY!!!

What I don't like is when you call them to get rates they'll give you a flat rate of things. When you ask what the total bill with all their fees included is, they have no clue. So even though they tell you something like "Oh it's only $99 to bundle your cable, phone and internet" they fail to include all those other fees like:
(looking at bill now)
-sales tax
-franchise fee
-regulatory recovery fee
-federal universal service fund
-fcc phone fee
-ohio trs fee
-non-published listing fee

Those fees add up to $10.96, what the hell!

Then if you wow a friend you and that person is supposed to receive $25 each.
That's a joke as that never happened since I told them my mom referred me!!

I want my Time Warner back but those services aren't offered in the area I live.
My other choices are:
Insight or ATT
I can't stand ATT!!
They are as bad as WOW.
At least they were years ago. Maybe they changed since then.

Ok I'm done bitching for now. When you don't feel all that well anything and everything sets you off.






About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List