Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

SUPPER 12-5-09

TERIYAKI RICE & STIR FRY VEGETABLES
2 packages stir fry vegetables (.88c x's 2 is $1.76)

1/2 pack sliced mushrooms (.50c)

3 packs boil in bag rice (free)

1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce (.90c)
Shredded turkey leftovers

Boil vegetables and rice bags in a pot of water.
In a skillet fry up turkey with a couple tablespoons of butter, mushrooms and teriyaki sauce. Salt and pepper to taste. Drain vegetables. Cut open bags of rice and add a lil butter. Spoon rice onto plates. Spoon turkey/mushrooms over rice. Then spoon stir fry vegetables on top. Add more teriyaki sauce and salt/pepper if desired. TOTAL COST FOR MEAL: $3.16 Serves about 8 @ .40 cents a serving.


DESSERT STRIPED DELIGHT PUDDING CHEESECAKE PIE
from Jello Celebrating 100 years cookbook
I made this recipe and it made enough for 2 pies!
So divide it among 2 crusts.

2 pre-made graham cracker crusts (.30c x's 2 is .60c)

1/4 cup sugar (free)

2 Tablespoons milk

1 tub Cool Whip (.50c)

1 - 8ounce package cream cheese (.50c)

3.5 cups cold milk (.30c)

2 four serving packages chocolate pudding (.50c)

(I used chocolate with caramel chips Jello pudding)

Beat cream cheese, sugar and 2 tablespoons milk in a large bowl until smooth.
Gently stir in half tub of whipped topping. Spread into crust. In a large bowl (I just reused bowl from above) whisk together 3.5 cups milk and pudding mixes. Pour over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate 4 hours until set. Just before serving spread remaining cool whip topping over pudding.

It says it makes 12 servings but like I said I was able to make 2 pies from this
so it was 24 servings for us.

TOTAL COST TO MAKE 2 PIES: $2.40 or $1.20 a pie
divided by 24 servings is
.10 cents a serving.




About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List