Search This Blog

Saturday, December 5, 2009

HOMEMADE CHRISTMAS IDEA

Hubby bought me one of those Snuggies for my birthday and the kids really liked it and even wore it a few times.
I asked them if they wanted Santa to bring them one and they said yes!
Snuggies run about $30 for 2 of them so I got to thinking after looking at mine and thought they shouldn't be too hard to make!
I could go to the thrift store and find a blanket (maybe fleece at that) for cheap.
I even found some online directions to make one!
SNUGGLE

SNUGGIE BLANKET

SLANKET
(blanket with sleeves)

SNUGLET

Here's an idea that just hit me:
Why couldn't I make something like a poncho,
gosh I remember wearing those as a kid, lol.
I could take a blanket and cut a hole in the middle to put the head through.
Could probably even figure out how to put a hood on it.
Ya see Snuggies aren't too snuggy for your backside.
It's made for people sitting down to use.
They remind me of something you wear at the doctor's office
that has your backside sticking out.
So by making one this way everything gets warm!
Kids are simple minded. They don't want to mess with robes, buttons or belts.
This way all they had to do was put it over their heads and be done with it.


poncho from Mitty James


About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List