Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

THURSDAY






Here is a photo of the scooter I got yesterday for $3.93 at the thrift store along with Jonathan and his "new" Winter jacket that couldn't wait to wear it this morning.

We are a car family. One who likes muscle cars and racing. I thought it was interesting to learn this morning that they will stop making the VW Bug. They will only make about 3,000 more by 2010.

Does anyone remember having homework every night in Elementary school? I don't. Every day these kids seem loaded with tons of homework and they are in 3rd and 4th grade. What if you are a set of working parents who gets off at 5-6pm, by the time you get home and fight your way through traffic, make supper, do dishes, get baths and do whatever else needs done, it is bedtime. Teachers are wanting about 2 papers done each night along with 20 or so minutes of reading, sometimes they send home extra projects. Even when there are parent teacher conferences in the evening or lets says a holiday such as Trick or Treat night they still expect homework to be done that evening! This is crazy and I feel like we parents are having to pick up the slack of these teachers. It's too much!

My head is spinning with kid stuff. Due to Damien not having a vehicle at the moment me/Tony and mom have been driving him to and from work. Goes to work at 10pm and gets off at 7am. As if that ain't enough now we get to take the kids back and forth to school the next 10 school days. Ahhh! Remember me saying I am fighting a cold and get no time off to rest.

Today me and mom splurged and went to Bob Evans for breakfast. In order to cut back the costs of eating out we split a Pot Roast Hash.
Then off to Kohls to pick up her necklace she had on hold. She couldn't use her coupon yesterday due to the fact the coupon did not start til today, ahhh.
Then from there we went to another thrift store where I got the kids 3 toys.
Then off to the bank to deposit some checks.

The checks deposited were ones received from doing surveys online. If interested
check out Pinecone Research.

Luckily we live in an area where all these places are within a mile or so of one another. So it's not like we're burning gas running all over town.






About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List