Search This Blog

Thursday, December 3, 2009

THURSDAY QUICK AND EASY SUPPER




CHILI BOWLS

1 can Kroger Jumbo refrigerated biscuits 8 count ($1.50)
2 cans Hormel Chili (no beans: .66 cents for 2)
1 cup Kroger Value shredded cheese (.60 cents)
1/4 cup sour cream (.10 cents)
1/2 of a small onion diced (.15 cents)

Preheat oven according to biscuit directions.

Flip over a muffin pan and grease the backsides of 8 muffin cups.

Place biscuit over muffin cups and gently press to fit over it.

Bake according to directions on biscuit can.

Meanwhile heat cans of chili in saucepan.

Remove chili bowls from oven and gently pry off muffin pan.

Spoon chili into biscuit bowls. Top with cheese, sour cream and onion.

Makes 8 chili bowls.

Total cost to make $3.01
.38 cents per serving.

Tomorrow's supper: Quesadillas

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List