Search This Blog

Monday, December 7, 2009

SUPPER 12-7-09 & DEAL OF THE DAY

My Deal of the Day!
Found a Meijer Catalina coupon I had for $2.00 off your next order
in my purse. It expires tomorrow so figured better use it while I can.
Had to go to post office with mom which is next door to Meijer so stopped in along the way.

4 two liters of Sprite Zero
$1.00 x's 4 is $4.00
minus the $2.00 catalina coupon
is now $2.00
minus a hang tag coupon for $1.00 off 4 bottles of Sprite
TOTAL: $1.00 for 4 bottles or .25 cents each.
Even the cashier made a comment
"I wish I could buy 2 liters of pop for a quarter each"

Here is an example of not following a recipe exactly and using
what you have on hand.
Tonight's supper was originally called Chicken Parmesana
BUT...
Don't have chicken thawed out only pork chops
Don't have spaghetti only penne pasta.

So I will call it Pork Chop Parmesana!

3 large pork chops (free)
1 large can spaghetti sauce (.99 cents Big Lots)
1/2 package (4 ounces) sliced mushroom (.50 cents manager special)
1/2 large can Hunt's whole tomatoes, cut up (.25 cents Big Lots)
1/4 cup Parmesan grated cheese (.24 cents Kroger)
16 ounces Barilla mini penne pasta (.50 cents)
12 Dinner Rolls 1/2 pack (.50 cents manager special)
(1.5 rolls for each person)

Pour spaghetti sauce in crock pot. Stir in mushrooms
and cut up tomatoes.
Put in pork chops and coat with sauce.
Cook on high for about 4 hours.

Boil pasta in pot according to package directions, drain and add butter.

Place pasta and pork chops on plate.
Spoon sauce over top and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Serve with buttered dinner rolls.

TOTAL COST FOR MEAL: $2.73
makes roughly 4 servings @ .68 cents a serving
(kids each had 1/2 of a pork chop)
With plenty of leftovers on top of the 4 servings to make another supper!

Mixed remaining sauce and pasta and reserved it for tomorrow's supper of
Chili Mac!



About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List