Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

12-8-09 DEALS OF THE DAY






Still doing some small Christmas shopping.
Today we visited the dollar type stores like Dollar Tree and General Dollar.

A month and a half after Halloween almost and I am still finding Halloween mark downs!
Dollar General had Halloween items marked down to 90% off!!
I grabbed some things to stock up for next year.
4 plastic creature packs and (.10 cents each)
4 packages of treat bags (20 in each) (.10 cents each)
for next years classroom parties at school.
2 safety Halloween blinking pumpkin light necklaces, (.10 cents each)
2 packs of Skull stakes, (.10 cents each)
2 packs of ghost stakes, (.10 cents each)
2 packs of hanging skulls, (.10 cents each)
a spooky skeleton window cover, (.10 cents)
2 bags of Toy Story candy, (.10 cents each)
1 bag Marvel Heroes candy sticks (.10 cents)
and
3 bags Gummy Body Parts Candy. (.20 cents each)

The candy will be used for stocking stuffers for Christmas.
(a total cost of .90 cents for 6 bags of candy for 3 boys!!)

TOTAL PRICE BEFORE MARKDOWN: $23.00
I PAID: $2.30
A SAVINGS OF $20.70

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List