Search This Blog

Friday, December 4, 2009

RETURNED RECALLED TOYS TO THRIFT STORE







I went back to the Ohio Thrift store to return the recalled toys I purchased yesterday. They had me go ahead and get other things in the store today for the same amount as the toys I bought yesterday. They gave me no hassle at all!

It kinda sucked because I had already shopped the store the day before and got what I wanted then. I can't complain and did some more shopping.

This is what I got today:
Trash Can Cart
(gift for step dad to work in yard with)
It started out at $10.10
then to $4.92
then marked down to $2.92!

I found 5 grab bag packages of toys for the boys
at .90 cents each. ($4.50 total)
There 21 other smaller toys in the bags (no pic)
I basically got them for the Matchbox cars inside.
There was a total of 18 cars/trucks/motorcycles.
Those boogers go for at least $1.00 to $3.00 or more each
at stores new and would have cost at least $18 new!

10" solar lantern
Had a price sticker of $10 from a store.
Thrift price was $2.92
marked down to $1.91
marked down to .90
and lastly marked down to .50 cents
I took it out of the box and it does work!

Wonder plastic sandwich box .50 cents
great for those packed lunches
to reuse instead of buying baggies that get thrown away!

Cylinder ice cube tray .50 cents.
We reuse 20 ounce pop bottles
and sports bottles and it's so hard to fit regular ice cubes into them.
I hope this helps!

6 spiral notebooks with paper.
I love my notebooks and carry them everywhere
to write notes, recipes, addresses and so on.
They were .30 or .50 cents each.

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List