Search This Blog

Sunday, December 13, 2009

12-12-09 EASY DESSERTS



Today for breakfast we had a cup of creamy fruit salad. I don't have a name for it.
I think it would also taste great frozen during those hot Summer months.

1- 4 serving package, Vanilla instant pudding
2 cups milk
1 cup whipped topping
nutmeg
cinnamon
2 cans tropical fruit

Whisk together pudding using 2 cups of milk. Add a dash of nutmeg and cinnamon.
Stir in whipped topping. Drain syrup off of tropical fruit then stir into pudding mixture. Serves about 6.
I think next time I might use peaches instead of tropical fruit for a different variation.

____________________________________________

Tonight for dessert we are having brownies. To put a twist on them I had some
extra colored mini marshmallows. Once brownies were done baking I sprinkled a layer of marshmallows on top and baked for 5-7 minutes until they puffed up and slightly browned. The kids loved this with all the rainbow colors. This would be pretty enough for a baby shower.

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List