Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

WEDNESDAY SHOPPING AT THE THRIFT STORE







The first thing I take note of when walking in the thrift store is to see what items are on sale. They usually have two colored tags that are 50% & 75% off. Most of the clothes bought were these colored tags!

I spent $29 at the thrift store.
I probably wouldn't have gotten out of Kohls without spending that much on ONE pair of jeans! So I did good with everything I got!

I got the boys:

6 pairs of pants/jeans
-Old Navy pants .99 cents
-Chef Wear pants .99 cents
-Chef Wear pants .99 cents
-Jeans .99 cents
-Jeans $1.00
-pants $.99 cents

7 long sleeve shirts
-Hanes sweatshirt .49 cents
-Eddie Bauer thermal shirt .49 cents
-Old Navy Athletics shirt .99 cents
-Xtreme Gear shirt $1.00
-Faded Glory thermal shirt .99 cents
-Land's End thermal shirt $1.99
-Reebok shirt .99 cents

-Big Chill Winter Coat $1.99

I also got:

Cars (the movie) battery operated race track. Batteries were included!
You use regular Matchbox cars and battery operated wheels spin the
cars around the track.
(already bought Matchbox type cars at Walgreens when they were .50 cents each!)

A new in package window decal of a baseball looking like it smashed through a window. Jonathan will like this since he's into baseball. .90 cents

A Hot Wheels back seat organizer for the car. .50 cents

A nice larger riding scooter with inflatable tires and handle bar brakes. $3.93

a 4 pack of new sponges .99 cents

And another new in the box gift that I won't mention on here and spoil
it for Christmas for them, lol. $3.99

I'll get more pics of everything tomorrow since I left some stuff at moms.



About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List