Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

SUPPER 12-1-09


Tonight's supper will be Sloppy Joe Pasta
with a side dish of corn and dinner rolls.
Dessert will be Candy Apple Pie with whipped
topping.

I always try to stretch meals into the next day so hubby and I can have lunch with the leftovers. He takes his lunch to work with him so there's no added expense of eating out. If I have a box of Hamburger Helper I add to it to make more. I use it as a starter mix. Like tonight I will add another box of spiral pasta and a can of Manwich to the Sloppy Joe Hamburger Helper.

Most everything I make has coupons or is a manager special.

Now going to break down the cost of this supper meal:

1# Hamburger (free)
Sloppy Joe Hamburger Helper (.50 cents)
Barilla Pasta Spirals (.50 cents)
can of Manwich (.30 cents)
12 Dinner Rolls (.50 cents)
Frozen Corn (free)
1 Pie Crust (.25 cents)
2 bags of frozen Candy Apple Pie Filling homemade (free apples from orchard)
Whipped Topping (.50 cents)

This made roughly 10 servings: $2.05
or .21 cents a serving

Any leftovers go in the freezer for a quick and easy lunch another day.

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List