Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

12-9-09 NEW BED FROM SANTA





The Lord works in mysterious ways.
Tonight we picked up a mattress and box springs off of Freecycle.
This thing looks brand new!
It's a Beauty Rest and has a matching box spring.
Christopher needed another mattress set as he was complaining his was getting uncomfortable to sleep on.
I was thinking about the getting the $90 bed at the thrift store
but decided against it because I didn't need another complete bed.
My friend Kendra was going to give me a mattress but I didn't want her to feel as though she had to help me every time I needed something if I could try to do for myself first. She's a very generous person!
It's when you can't get anywhere without trying first before you ask for help is the way I see it.
So we brought the mattress set home tonight and told Christopher it was an early Christmas present from Santa. Santa dropped it off at one of his helper's homes.
It was too big to fit in the sleigh is why he got it early.
Santa was very generous to give us a nice mattress set for FREE!!


About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List