Search This Blog

Thursday, December 31, 2009

12-31-09

I hear, but have not been myself to see, that Target is offering 75% off Christmas items.
----------------------------

I saw on Big Lots website more clearance items from Christmas at 30% off.

"30% Off Our Already Low Prices On Christmas Gift Sets*

Includes:

* Food, Bath, Fragrance & Cosmetic
* Popcorn Tins

* Limited to Christmas themed merchandise only. Selection varies by store.

More great clearance items include...

* iRobot® Roomba®
* Select Frame Sets
* Select Camcorders
* Select Toys
* Select Apparel Items
* Select Books
* Select Video Game Titles

Check with your local store for assortment and availability while they last!"

Also at Big Lots be sure to sign up for their Buzz Club member card.
I know yet another little plastic card to carry around, don't ya just hate those things!

Here is how the Buzz Club works"

Just have the cashier scan your Buzz Club™ Rewards card every time you shop. Make 10 Qualifying Purchases of $20 or more within a 12-month period and earn a 20% discount on a future purchase. Discounts are good for 60 days from the date you earn them.
---------------------------

I've been doing the Pinecone Research surveys online and getting my $3 checks for each one. I think I made about $15 this past month by doing them. Not much but puts some gas in the car!

This morning AC Neilson sent me a $5.00 survey. That was the first time they sent
me a paid survey like that.

Do your research to find the legit surveys.
-------------------------------

Think I'll head back to bed for a few before kids get up. Then have to go
get a temp tag for the truck. It snowed overnight and covered the roads so
thankfully I won't have to go very far to do it.

--------------------------

I can't seem to get motivated. Don't know if it's the cold weather or what.
Sitting here trying to figure out what to fill out on the title before
getting a temporary tag. You'd think with as many vehicles we've had over
the years I would know how to do this. What worries me is if you fill out
any blank spaces wrong it voids the title out completely. You can't scratch
nothing out and correct it. I hope I'm doing this right.
Well time to get ready and head out. It's 11:41am. Time to also get a lookie
at the Burban in the daylight for the first time. Hope it doesn't scare me, lol.

-----------------------

It's 2:33pm and we just got home. Mom went with us.
It's the last day of the month and a holiday tomorrow. Not a very
good day to go places! Stopped by the BMV on Morse Rd. and kept on rolling
through that parking lot as that place was packed!! Decided
to head over to the one on Henderson Rd. It was busy but nothing like
Morse Rd.
Mom brought along her Entertainment coupon book so we could go out to lunch. We decided upon Donatos pizza since it was right by the BMV. I've been keeping watch as to how many coupons it takes to use from that book before it pays for itself.
It cost $20. So far here are the coupons we used and what we saved:

TACO BELL
$3.50 saved with these items free (buy 1 get 1 coupon)
2 Chalupas, 1 regular taco and a large drink

SUBWAY
$3.50 saved with buy one 6" sub get one free

Donatos Pizza
$2.00 off any large pizza

So far by using 3 coupons $9 has been saved.

------------------------------

Had to stop by Kroger today, ahhh. Didn't realize tomorrow was New Years
day as it snuck up so fast. I plan on making pork and kraut tomorrow but
realized I was out of potatoes.
First of the month at Kroger is a terrible time to go! It's so packed
full of people who are cashing welfare checks or getting food with stamps.
I assume that as the lines were long with overflowing carts and the service
counter line was long also unlike the rest of the month.

I will admit I have been on food stamps many many years ago so know what it's like.
But please tell me why the first of the month is such a busy time for stores???
I realize people get food stamps at the first of the month. Do people not
plan out their grocery lists well enough to last all month or more that there is a sudden urgency to have to go to the store when the stamps are issued again. Do you get what I am saying?
------------------------------

OTHER COUPONS AND DEALS FROM STORES

In Speedway I found coupons for
Buy 1 Get 1 Free (up to $1.49) Trident Layers

Kroger had a flier saying you get $5 off when your purchase $25 or more
in participation Proctor and Gamble items all in one transaction. Check yellow tags!
Good til 1-10-10.

-Tide - Bounce - Downy - Charmin - Bounty - Puffs - Dawn - Febreze - Swiffer -Iams - Pringles - Pampers - Luvs -Duracell - Pur - Braun - Crest - Oral B - Scope - Glide Floss - Align - Vicks - Metamucil - Prilosec - Pepto - Clearblue - Pantene -
Head & Shoulders - Herbal Essence - Aussie - Gillette - Nice 'N Easy - Perfect 10 -
Root Touch Up - Natural Instincts - Secret - Old Spice - Tag - Olay -
Cover Girl - Always - Tampax - Zest - Ivory - Safeguard - Venus
------------------------------

I finally got a few pictures taken this morning of the Suburban
before hurrying off to do things.
We paid $3,450 BELOW Kelly Blue Book value so got a heck of a deal!
I just realized today that 3 of our vehicles are 1999, lol.
It needs a good cleaning on the inside. The guy
even gave us a new can of cleaner for it, lol.
Told you it looked like a 4x4 limo.







-------------------------------

Oh my goodness! If you can find your own backyard mechanic to work on vehicles I would highly suggest it. Or get ya a repair manual and learn the basic things yourself. Tony said his work took in a company truck to Goodyear to get front brakes repaired along with a brake line. Cost $2,200!!! It's not my truck but it's the thought. Where do these companies get off charging you these outrageous prices!!!
We took our truck there to get 4 coil packs put on. The charged us $90 a coil pack times 4 is $360!! And that didn't include labor! I found new coil packs on Ebay from Canada for $80-$90 with shipping for all 8 coil packs. Who's screwing who in this world!
If you can find a mechanic that will allow you to buy the parts and put them on then all the better. Not too many of those though. But look how much you could save!!
ALOT!

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List