Search This Blog

Saturday, December 12, 2009

12-12-09 EASY PEPPERMINT FUDGE & SUPPER



Today I made Peppermint Fudge. It was so easy and tasted so YUMMY!
COST $2.96
Could have been cheaper as there are coupons for frosting and my
printer is not working!

1 bag white chocolate chips (.99 cents)
1 tub vanilla frosting ($1.25)
24 mini candy canes crushed up (.72 cents)
(I took the end of a butter knife and hit them
in the package. Then cut off plastic ends and poured into fudge)

Melt chips in microwave until smooth and creamy.
Stir in frosting then stir in crushed up candy canes.
Smooth out in a baking dish either lined with foil or sprayed with cooking spray.
I'm trying my hand at putting them in small molds and will see how that works out.

I'm adding these to goodie baskets for Tony's work and the kids teachers.
______________________________________________

TURKEY MAC CASSEROLE

This recipe I threw together using leftover turkey and stuffing.
It was a spur of the moment supper meaning I had nothing planned.
So it was nice to have things in the freezer I could throw together.

Chopped turkey (free)
Stuffing (free)
2 boxes of Kraft Macaroni & Cheese (Free)
1/4 cup Teriyaki Sauce (.25 cents)
1 cup shredded cheese ($1.00)
1 can Campbells Cream of Chicken Soup (.27 cents)

Heat turkey in saucepan with teriyaki sauce.
Make mac and cheese according to box directions.
Make stuffing according to box directions but use about half the water.

Stir cream of mushroom soup into mac and cheese. Stir in turkey.
Place in greased baking/casserole dish. Evenly spread stuffing on top.
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top.
Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

TOTAL COST TO MAKE: $1.52
SERVINGS: 8 big servings @ .19 cents per serving

2 servings were stored in the freezer for Tony's lunches to take to work.

About Me

My photo
My name is Sherry, 39yrs old, from Columbus, Ohio. I am married, a SAHM, and have 3 children ages 9, 10 and 20. I have been frugal/thrifty all my life. I would like to share on this blog how we get by day to day on one income with a family of 5 with a dog and a cat. You will also hear about my everyday gripes about daily life and the cost of living. Hubby says my favorite saying is, "and that is another thing that pisses me off!"

My Blog List